HARTSVILLE, SC — Coker dropped a 7-2 decision to Lees-McRae Saturday afternoon in men’s collegiate tennis. The Cobras fall to 0-2 on the season and travel to Limestone College Sunday afternoon with the women for a 2:00 PM match.
Coker’s #3 doubles team of Tim Morton and Tyson Thompson knocked off Holmes and Spunda from LMC 8-6 but the number one team fell 8-4 and the second team lost 8-2. Thompson also came out victorious at number six singles with a commanding 6-0, 6-1 victory over Donar from Lees-McRae.
1. Castanheira (LMC) def. Matt Byford (Coker) 6-1, 6-2
2. Horan (LMC) def. Duncan Grew (Coker) 6-1, 6-2
3. Spunda (LMC) def. Tim Morton (Coker) 6-0, 6-1
4. van der Linde (LMC) def. Dustin Yager (Coker) 6-0, 6-0
5. Zarb (LMC) def. Danny Nash (Coker) 6-2, 6-0
6. Tyson Thompson (Coker) def. Donar (LMC) 6-0, 6-1
1. Castanheira, Horan (LMC) def. Byford, Grew (Coker) 8-4
2. van der Linde, Zarb (LMC) def. Yager, Nash (Coker) 8-2
3. Morton, Thompson (Coker) def. Holmes, Spunda (LMC) 8-6